CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tacoed Eggs

Tacoed Eggs

Country Woman

One morning, I was searching the kitchen for a way to jazz up scrambled eggs. When I couldn't find any bacon bits, I decided to try the leftover taco filling from the night before. I've been making it for my husband and me since. This is an ideal dish for two, especially if you like spicy food. Plus, it's easy to make when you wake up sleepy—and the sauce is a real eye-opener! We live on 35 acres of rolling farmland along with a horse, two dogs and 10 cats, I enjoy them reading, writing, gardening and counted cross-stitch.

SERVINGS: 4
CATEGORY: Breakfast/Brunch
METHOD:
TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min.

8 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
1 to 4 drops hot pepper sauce
1/2 cup leftover cooked taco-seasoned ground beef
Flour tortillas, warmed, optional
Salsa, optional

In a bowl, combine eggs, cheese, onion, green pepper and hot pepper sauce. Cook and stir in a nonstick skillet until eggs begin to set. Add taco meat; cool until eggs are completely set. If desired, spoon onto a warmed tortilla and roll up; top with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.

0 comments: